Crime is down; policing in Nottingham needs a different focus; still making improvements in The Meadows.
How Nottingham benefits from Britain’s membership of the European Union.
Crime reduction in Nottingham city; national government directing money away from Nottingham.
Celebrating strong communities in The Meadows; how to contact your elected representatives.
Calling on the estate of Cliff Road, Shortwood Close and Harnett Close.
– Pleasure at action taken to clear the playing field.
– Concern over plans to take field away and with proximity of proposed new road.
– Many already contacted by a proposed Residents Association to replace the neighbourhood watch.
– A number of hedgerows and trees have been allowed to grow so as to walking on pavements has been hindered.
– Protection for Lime trees.
– Parking problems are generally tacked by permits, save for one complaint.
– A couple of properties feel the bathrooms need improving.
– Can more be done for recycling?
– Mixed views on Britain’s membership of the EU.
(For me, the proximity of BioCity was another reminder of why remaining in is important for jobs and prosperity.)
With Nicola, listening out for issues and ideas outside the Meadows Muslim Centre.
Points raised included –
– lorries taking detours through residential streets;
– problematic street tree;
– hackney carriage hailing arrangements at Midland Station;
– opportunities for start-up businesses within The Meadows;
– some instances still of Islamophobia in threatening ways; and frustration too when these are not reported to the Police.