Residents together with officers at the deep clean of Beauvale Road.
Meanwhile, our thanks to Sophie, who after some years of service, is off to find a new life.
The new SCPO – Rupinder Kooner – reports:
monthly CPO actions for February 2017 for the Meadows –
- 5 FPNs issued by CPOs for Leaving Litter.
- 2 Dog fouling Ops conducted.
- 1 visits carried out due to Casework reports.
- 13 properties tackles in regards to untidy gardens.
- 5 visits to business premises.
- 61 Fly tips investigated and reported.
- 2 occasions of graffiti reported
- 18 reports of Community Intelligence submitted
- 4 cases of CPN warning letters issued.
Starting from the old Meadows Police Station …
Issues in the west of the New Meadows rehearsed here ..
A mowing machine cutting grass on Royston Close.
The cycle from Sneinton to Clifton Bridge takes around 9 weeks.
… at the corner of Holgate Road and Woolmer Road.
Not sure should be publishing this, but I guess it’s nice when residents show they care.
New housing along Wilford Crescent West is taking shape; an exhibition is due later in January.
The new junction between Queens Walk and Victoria Embankment is complicated and will be safety audited again.
A problematic empty property nearby may well have been taken by the council after causing problems for possibly 20 years.
Refuse workers are catching up after ice and illness have delayed collections over the holidays.
Demolition of Q blocks has started at Tarbert Close.
A white van which has been parked on a back yard that fronts onto Holgate Road, has been removed after decaying on its stand for 13 years, as well as encroaching onto the public pavement.
A new tougher stance taken by council and police officers meant there was deadline for its removal which has been met.
(Although I’ve waited until nearer 2 weeks later before publishing on the matter.)
This was a special part of a significant amount of general work Community Protection Officers undertake.
In December Meadows CPOs dealt with the following –
– 12 businesses visited and trade waste arrangement and off licences checked
– 13 items of graffiti identified and reported for removal (one offensive)
– 24 messy/untidy properties visited as part of ask, warn, enforce process
– 72 fly-tips identified and investigated/reported for removal
– 2 fly-posts identified/removed
– 120 visits made in respect of noise/ASB
– 6 visits made in respect of scrap metal issues
– 14 warning letters issued
– 56 Advice letters delivered
– 8 Fixed Penalty Notices issued (all for litter)
– 3 Dog Fouling operations conducted
– 4 Alcohol confiscations made
– 37 visits made in respect of Councillor casework
– 68 reports made to the Community Protection Service Centre