Consultation across the city to explore whether fresh cultural outlooks can bring new ideas, projects and dynamism to the city.
The Meadows event was of course able to draw on the success of the Meadows Story Poles, the Friends of Meadows Library and the Arkwright Meadows Community Gardens.
Nottingham’s stories were also celebrated, although perhaps need to be hardened up from Nottingham led the fight to early democracy (Luddites, Chartists) to why that should mean higher elector registration and turnout.
Perhaps one interesting project could be to make art and flowers bring the to-be-pedestrianised Collin Street be an attraction in its own right.
One bizarre distraction was BBC tv East Midlands Today turning up to ask about a pedestrian being knocked over by the tram. I was fetched out and could only say I didn’t know anything about what appears in the end to have been a minor incident.
Second part of Lilian Greenwood’s tour of The Meadows, and another Meadows Tree Project effort – this time celebrating 10 years of Nottingham City Homes.
Meanwhile Meadows Art Gallery show of lots of paintings celebrating Nottingham.
Over 100 people attending a performance of “Breathing Spaces”, a travelling theatre presentation and celebrartion of the protected open spaces in Nottingham.
Some casework too, lke if the sub-power station is now a fraction of its original size, can’t its plot be smaller and its surrounding be brighter?
Over 70 attended at the event organised by Friends of Queens Walk Park.
Bel baked a cake (and decorated it with the flag of Georgia – tease).
Kids found seets in the paper mache model of a dragon head.
Meanwhile, NEMTRA have developed a programme of summer events.
NEMTRA Summer calendar, 2016
· May 4th –Launch of “ Memories” exhibition at Meadows gallery with free afternoon tea and cakes. Details later
· May, 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, Wood carving sessions, £5 for Meadows residents, £15 for non residents
· May 10th Bowls open afternoon for members of “Click Nottingham “ (seniors group.)
· May 12th NEMTRA Public meeting focussing on new building plans
· June 9th Committee meeting
· June/July Summer Arts and Crafts exhibition
· July 16th- Love Parks Day Drama on our park- with picnic .
· August 11th Committee meeting
· September ….. outing to seaside – details later
· September 8th Public meeting
The choir is meeting every Tuesday for a singalong from 4 pm till 5 pm.
The usual Monday fortnightly wood carving will be carrying on : the May wood carving sessions are extra, funded by NCH.