– a sober review of actions taking place prompted by the fire that devastated the Grenfell Tower;
– the council being awarded good for its children services by Ofsted;
– condemnation of the cuts the government is still planning for school budgets;
– a motion calling for Bedroom tax to be dropped now that there is a majority opposing it in the House of Commons;
– protests against money being found for the north of Ireland whilst Nottingham’s budget is cut.
Astonishing to hear the Conservative Deputy Leader saying that cuts to Nottingham had been justified. Yep, justifying the cuts made on Nottingham.
Tributes to Glen O’Connell on his retirement on the 22nd anniversary of his return to the city council to lead our legal team.