The first meeting after the appointment of the new Chief Constable who takes up the post on 1st February.
Sue Fish’s service was acknowledged.
– fall in satisfaction with the service – probably tied in with Police having to choose to not provide enough service, cos of the cuts (100 fewer officers);
– recruitment of BME officers;
– problems with changes in standards to the national recording system;
– national initiatives (d.g. digitalisation) requiring finance;
– grant for budget remaining constant for next year, but with inflation requiring savings of £5m.
Paddy expressed dismay at signitificant aspects of an HMIC report on Notts.
I raised concerns about how poverty, job insecurity, mental health provision and the broken up schools service were creating conditions for a repeat of the problems of the eighties.
TO BE UPDATED.