Simply walked around the Bridgeway Centre, hearing about progress on tackling anti-social behaviour and reviewing a ranges of proposals for removing trees, cos of death, cramping, or blockage to street light and views. A new plan for the trees of the northern car park has been produced for comment (see above).
Bridgeway Centre has a number of wider issues.
total list looks like –
- deterring hanging around in dark alleyways;
- improving views of CCTV, either by clearing trees, or by raising the cameras;
- tidying & utilising the green area to the immediate west of Bridgeway Hall, incl. poss. removal of self-set Rowan tree;
- a new vision for the north car park with better mixture of trees;
- better advertisement of Bridgeway shopping centre, including additional signage off Sheriff’s Way;
- better co-operation between traders so as to promote centre more effectively;
- re-introduction of café (on the way) and re-use of empty half-supermarket (strong lead);
- fuller use of Bridgeway Hall;
- dedicated use of north car park for visitors to the medical centre and to the shops;
- protection of all car parks, especially once parking permits kick in for most of the New Meadows in December;
- introduction of NCT Navy 3 and LocalLink 1 to Arkwright Walk and at grade bus stops, possibly in September 2017 (???);
- attracting trade from re-introduction of housing along Arkwright and Blackstone; and in future from land north of Healy Close;
More points to add, no doubt. But probably need some kind of public consultation meeting.