Nottingham City Homes officers explaining how people who were displaced to allow new council housing to be built, will indeed have first claim for the 55 new homes that have been built.
One snag – there are more wanting 3-bedroom homes than have been built.
This, at another NeMTRA public meeting where the Police were too busy to attend; not a criticism – just a worry that it’s a sign of over-commitment.
A shame too that Keepmoat couldn’t attend to discuss there development plans for Arkwright Walk – plans are due to be submitted and considered by Planning committee – perhaps in December.
NeMTRA’s new community development officer is hoping to start new events, including DiY for women (arising from a community consultation exercise) and photography.
NCH have a fun day on 17th September, but should know that the demand for their properties is high – 5,000 on the waiting list.
I gave a run-down on issues across the ward (based on the end of month report) and was frequently interrupted with suggestions – (I must improve) –
– landscaping on the NET is still outstanding, including works at Meadows Embankment stop which should be adapted to deter car parking on the grass by the story-pole;
– when will Arkwright Walk be opened up along its full length?
– increased car parking on the paths of Orange Gardens;
– increased dog mess on path from Orange Gardens to Bunbury Street;
– kids playing on Queens Walk (a bit blasé about the trams);
– pavements in the Queens Walk Rec are uneven by the play equipment and are puddled after any rain;
– wanting to hear news of progress following the hold-up of Meadows Post Office; is the CCTV for the precinct good enough?
– sequencing of new traffic lights for junction of Queens Drive / Wilford Road / Waterway Street West is too fast for pedestrians;
– mess from Canada Geese on The Embankment is too much;
– traffic speed on Robin Hood Way is still too high, especially near QWCC;
– 3 constituents complaining about poor access for Hackney Carriages at the railway station, especially for the less mobile.