“I want these trams in central London” – Ken Livingstone.
Ken was impressed with Nottingham’s tram system.
Poor Ken: on the short journey to the railway station, he was also told about –
– Robin Hood Travel: Nottingham’s version of London’s Oyster card;
– the Theatre Royal being an example of municipal ownership;
– Bio-technological research in Nottingham – Ken takes a big interest in this cos he thinks gene technology is going to be needed more and more to tackle conditions and diseases, as the effectiveness of drugs starts to wear off in the future; (Ken had also picked up on latest concerns about Boots, including the recent double-page piece in The Guardian);
– Nottingham’s radical histreh – where the Luddites and Chartists used to live and the first working-class library in the world);
– Workplace Parking Levy and its contribution to the renewed railway station.